Welcome to the joys of learning at Ladue Chapel Nursery School--a place where young children, individually and as a group, begin their quest for knowledge about themselves, others and the world in which they live. For more than 60 years Ladue Chapel Nursery School has provided the important "first step" in education for thousands of children.
Through the years, one thing has remained the same. Our goal to enrich the lives of children so that their emotional, social, physical and intellectual development may be achieved while providing a firm foundation for the enjoyment of learning and living.
Our Philosophy states that a good nursery school provides opportunity for growth in children, parents and teachers and lays the groundwork for a democratic way of living. Children construct knowledge and learn best through play, by exploring and experimenting with the wealth of materials made available each day. The children are encouraged to be active and interested participants in the learning experience.
Our Mission is to provide a warm and happy, as well as challenging environment where children play and learn in ways appropriate to their age and development.
Each day begins with warm greetings from the teachers and fellow classmates. A morning meeting may include calendar, weather report, counting, graphing, rhyming, stories, public speaking, classroom jobs and a discussion of the day ahead. Free play in the classroom is a time when children may explore the book corner, blocks, imaginative play, writing center, science area and music. Art media is provided, as well as any special projects to go along with the ongoing theme at the time. A mid morning snack provides opportunity for socialization and sharing in the table duties. Outdoor play on two large playgrounds includes sliding, swinging, climbing, and tricycle riding on the bike path. A large indoor area is available during inclement weather.
Program Highlights include
- Science on the Move program where children learn about everything from camouflage to habitats.
- Nature Walks to explore our world.
- Sledding when it snows and ice skating in January for our older children.
- Our oldest classes put on a play culminating at the end of the school year.
- An on-site library, Books can be checked out by families. Our Librarian reads to the children weekly..
- A music class with Miss Barb, where songs are carefully chosen to follow the classroom themes and promote singing for fun!!!.
- An interactive "Gym with Kim" is a fun-filled physical education class
9540 Clayton Road, St. Louis, MO 63124 (314) 993-3993
Photos By Sandy Wasserman
Oct 10 & 11 - Book Fair
Oct 14 - No School - Columbus Day
Oct 16 & 17 - Reby Stern Photos
Oct 27 - Trunk or treat 4-5 pm
Oct 31 - Halloween Parade 9:15
Nov 1 & 4 - Parent Conversations
No classes these days